29/11/2010

Thankful

Just one of the few beautiful cards from Saplingpress

This year we had thanksgiving dinner for the first time.

Mostly for the food (nom!) but then the 'other half' is actually American born so you could say we were going back to his roots.......hmm nope it was literally just for the stuffing !

Anyway I'm really glad, its something I'd like to do every year actually now given the chance.
Forgetting the religious context, I think its an important idea to remind yourself of the things you are thankful for in order to really appreciate them.
Its so easy to forget how lucky we are (figuratively speaking!) and very very easy to get bogged down by the small potatoes in life and just feeling like the grass is greener on the other side so I dedicate this post to the things I am thankful for.

In no particular order and not exclusive (just what I'm feelin' in the moment!)

Health - I'm quite fortunate to be one of those people who isn't ill much of the time, I haven't been to the doctor in 2 years *touch wood*
Wealth - I'm actually very skint a lot of the time but relatively speaking I know I'm pretty well off and its something I've become quite aware of since moving to Hong Kong actually.
And I'm also luckily / happily one of those people who don't feel the urgency for the latest and greatest so that helps a lot (thank you stingy parents!)
Friends and family - My family aren't an open book with one another, nor a completely closed one. We're more like the coffee table magazine that is occasionally flicked through. You know its there ready for you when you need it essentially. Thats probably a weird analogy (a habit of mine!) but that really makes sense to me !

Anyway, there are other things but these are at the core of it all so enough for now, what are the things you are thankful for? Have a think and really feeeeeel it, it makes you look out the window in a much brighter way which is nice.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails