20/05/2009

kitties lost now found

Today has been a good day. 

For the last week, maybe even 2 weeks I have been trying to get hold of a handy man to put shelves up for me. 
Why this is annoying is because all things DIY is totally bog standard in the UK, get  a drill, some screws fire away at the wall ! (DIY SOS is a good example of what I mean)
Here!? The walls are made of some fricking magical super
man strength concrete that only crazy giant drills can manage so it is very frustrating for me as a fairly competent DIYing female to have to wait around for a man to do my work. 

BUT $400 later they are up and all my little things from my UK shipping have made home there, it just makes me happy having all my bits with me, most of it isn't functional or functional things that I never use but they make me dream on. 

As its not 'quite there' yet I won't show any photos but check out these ceramic kitties I FOUND in this random bag of ceramics statues that was left in my flat, how lovely are these? 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome kitschy bonus!

Anonymous said...

You're right, they are very similar... though mine don't have the pretty floral motif. My friend gave them to me... he sent them through the post though and sadly one was damaged. I see them fairly often in retro shops. I guess they were pretty trendy in the 60's.

I also have a blue pair but they are evil. Long story and you'd think i was a total freak if i explained but i swear they are cursed. lol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails